When retailers face challenging times, they often focus on reimagining the concept or finding some new angle to draw more consumers. But retail is much more than innovative concepts. Solid business decisions underlie retailer success — and these decisions must be made quickly once a retailer is facing distress.
How can retailers recognize early warning signs? What does the process of restructuring look like? After restructuring, how does a retailer successfully transition out of Chapter 11?
Shopping Center Business magazine will host a webinar delving into these questions — “Inside the Restructuring of a Retailer” — on Tuesday, February 27th at 2pm Eastern.
The panel will include:
- Moderator Dana Telsey, CEO and Chief Research Officer of Telsey Advisory Group. TAG is a leading equity research, trade execution, investment banking and consulting firm, focusing on the consumer space. Telsey is a regular guest analyst on both CNN and CNBC and has appeared as a special guest on programs such as Bloomberg Radio, World News Tonight – ABC News, Good Morning America, The NBC Evening News, The Today Show, BNN, and BBC.
- Andrew Graiser, Co-President of A&G Real Estate Partners. Graiser’s key areas of expertise include lease renegotiations and terminations, real estate optimization and dispositions, real estate valuations, and sales. A&G has been retained in the majority of retail Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases in the United States.
- Jon Goulding, Managing Director with Alvarez & Marsal North America. Goulding is Co-Head of the West Region of A&M’s North American Commercial Restructuring Practice and leader of the Restructuring Practice’s Consumer and Retail industry vertical.
- Emily Geier, a restructuring partner in the New York office of Kirkland & Ellis. Geier focuses on all aspects of corporate restructuring, bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings. She has led some of the largest and most complex chapter 11 cases in recent history, including Bed Bath & Beyond, Nordic Aviation Capital, Toys “R” Us, and Energy Future Holdings.
- Christian Tempke, a Managing Director in the Restructuring & Liability Management group of Lazard. Tempke specializes in advising public and private companies and creditor groups in complex financial restructurings, distressed sale processes and in raising capital for troubled businesses. He has advised on high-profile cases including RadioShack, Gymboree, Toys “R” Us, Forever 21, JCPenney, Party City, and Bed Bath & Beyond.
The webinar is sponsored by A&G Real Estate Partners, a real estate advisory firm specializing in lease optimization and real estate sales.
This event is hosted by Shopping Center Business magazine and produced by the company’s InterFace Conference Group. For more information, contact Scott France at (404) 832-8262 x102.
For a full list of InterFace Conference Group webinars, click here.
France Media Inc. is publisher of Student Housing Business, Seniors Housing Business, Southeast Real Estate Business, Texas Real Estate Business, Northeast Real Estate Business, Western Real Estate Business, Heartland Real Estate Business, Southeast Multifamily & Affordable Housing Business, Texas Multifamily & Affordable Housing Business, Western Multifamily & Affordable Housing Business, Midwest Multifamily & Affordable Housing Business, and Northeast Multifamily & Affordable Housing Business, Shopping Center Business, California Centers, and Retail & Restaurant Facility Business.
For more information about all of the commercial real estate magazines, websites, and newsletters published by France Media Inc., click here.